M. Niyazi Alpay
M. Niyazi Alpay
M. Niyazi Alpay

I've been interested in computer systems since a very young age, and I've been programming since 2005. I have knowledge in PHP, MySQL, Python, MongoDB, and Linux.

 

about.me/Cryptograph

  • admin@niyazi.org
What is the Deep Web and How to Access It?

Recently, it's been a place I've researched, spent time on, and examined.

The hidden websites that search engines cannot reach are called the Deep Web. Their addresses are very complex and hard to remember. They make up 80% of the internet. The remaining 20% consists of normal websites that everyone knows and uses.

The Deep Web, as the name suggests, is the underworld of the internet. They do not go through any control, so you can access all kinds of topics. You can access information such as arms trading, human trafficking, hiring hitmen, and secret government documents. Let's not forget that even the WikiLeaks site originates from the deep web.

To delve into the depths of the web world, it is necessary to know the layers of the internet.

0th Level Internet: Generally known as the internet where everyone and everything useful or useless is available.

1st Level Internet: Also known as the Surface Web. These are the services used by people who are extremely familiar with the internet. For example, hosting services, disposable email services, university networks, and so on.

2nd Level Internet: Also known as the Bergie Web. If you know how to use an FTP server and can access locked Google search results, then you are a user of the Bergie Web. This network revolves around DNS and is still indexed by search engines.

3rd Level Internet: Deep Web. It is for users who are familiar with anonymous networks, use proxies, and know services like Tor. It generally refers to hard-to-reach and secretive places.

4th Level Internet: Charter Web, which is an extension of the deep web. Here, we can say it's the dark net. This is an area where websites do not use DNS. In the deep web and charter web, you can find plenty of illegal content.

5th Level Internet: Marina's Web. It takes its name from the deepest pit on Earth. It's like a legendary place that has only been named. There isn't much information about it, and people who go there don't come back.

DNS and Proxy

DNS: Short for Domain Name System. It allows us to view the web address we type in the address bar. Every machine with a DNS network must have an IP address. It performs address resolution. For detailed information, you can check out this topic.

Proxy: It means "representative." It allows our IP address to appear differently when we connect to the internet. There are three types.

Transparent Proxy: It does not keep us anonymous. Depending on the situation, it allows us to browse the internet faster by exceeding the given bandwidth.

Anonymous Proxy: It assigns us a random IP and allows us to use its IP address. However, it can be understood when someone is using an anonymous proxy, and our IP address can be learned from the proxy server.

Elite Proxy: Among these three, this is the proxy that provides the most privacy. It makes us appear as if we are the proxy.

Let's Get to Know the Program Named Tor

Tor is short for The Onion Router. You can download it for free. Onion Routing is like this: Suppose you want to go from Istanbul to Edirne. The bus first goes to Ankara, then Bolu, and finally to Edirne, and returns on the same route. Each of these cities' bus stations is an Onion Router (OR). Since the information travels encrypted between each OR and is randomly assigned, monitoring traffic and fully deciphering it would only be possible if all possible ORs were controlled.

When you open the Tor program and connect to the internet, you are connected to the internet via a proxy. You can download files from paid download sites in parallel and even access the deep web.

When you enter the deep web, you must be very careful. If you spend too much time with illegal content, download it to your computer, and share it with others without control, or even order drugs or hire a hitman, you will most likely get into trouble.

Let me give you this information about Tor as well: You will see in many places that while using Tor, it is said that you become a middle server or the last server, meaning that it is explained that you can access other places through your IP address. There is a setting within Tor for this, and by default, it is selected as "Run as user only." If you change this, to be a middle server or last server, then they can establish a connection through your IP address. Still, review your settings, make sure "Run as user only" is selected, and don't get into trouble :)

You may also want to read these

There are none comment

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *